Eaton 9355 20kVA UPS – Three Phase Input
Eaton 9355 20kVA UPS – Three Phase Input
Eaton 9355 20kVA UPS
The Eaton 9355 20kVA UPS provides premium double-conversion backup power and scalable battery runtimes for IT and electrical engineering infrastructure in corporate, healthcare, banking and industrial applications. Packing maximum battery runtime into a very small footprint, the 9355 UPS is a complete three-phase power protection solution. The 9355 can be equipped with an integrated, customizable power distribution module that includes a maintenance bypass switch.
- Power rating: 20kVA / 18kW
- Form factor: Small-footprint tower, black
- Topology: Double Conversion Online
- Battery backup: 18 minutes typical, extendable up to 97 minutes
For questions or quotations please contact us via Chat, Phone or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Premium power protection
With the Eaton 9355 20kVA UPS, data center managers can safely eliminate the effects of electrical line disturbances and guard the integrity of their systems and equipment. The 9355 is a true double-conversion, three-phase system that can be used to prevent loss of valuable electronic information and minimize equipment downtime.
- The 9355 continually monitors incoming electrical power and removes the surges, spikes, sags, and other irregularities that are inherent in commercial utility power
- Working with a building’s electrical system, the 9355 supplies the clean, consistent power required by sensitive electronic equipment for reliable operation
- During brownouts, blackouts, and other power interruptions, internal batteries provide emergency power to safeguard operation.
This innovative design delivers one of the industry’s best combinations of high efficiency, low input current distortion and highest power factor, while conserving valuable space and offering the most cost-effective, highest performance option available today.
- Double-conversion topology provides complete power protection, isolating valuable IT equipment from all eaton-nine-power-problems
- Industry leading power density, providing up to 20 percent more power capacity in a compact tower design including batteries
- Up to 350 percent more standard runtime
- Up to a 74 percent footprint reduction and up to an 83 percent total size reduction
- Flexible on-board power distribution modules (PDMs) allow for hardwired output or up to 15 different output receptacle options, reducing installation and site preparation expenses receptacle options, reducing installation and site preparation expenses
- Plug-and-play rack Enclosure power distribution with the 9355 on-board PDU
- Inherently scalable from 10–15 and 20–30 kVA, allowing you to pay as you grow or increase capacity with no additional hardware purchases or installation concerns
- Eaton’s patented Hot Sync paralleling technology allows for wireless paralleling in the event of communications failure, providing the industry’s only truly redundant paralleling technology
- Includes rear-mounted bypass switch
- Includes on-site 5×8 startup and operator training by Eaton field technician (Eaton startup is required all 9355 UPS systems)
- Includes one year of PredictPulse remote monitoring service (requires connectivity parts and self installation)
Industry-leading scalability and redundancy
Today’s critical applications require redundancy for ultimate reliability—and the 9355 delivers. Eaton’s innovative Hot Sync technology and optional maintenance bypass parallel tie cabinet work together with the 9355 to provide an advanced, cost-effective UPS paralleling system.
The patented Hot Sync technology enables system load sharing, allowing any UPS module in the system to serve as a backup for any other module. Hot Sync’s wireless paralleling capability also ensures system stability in the event of a communications failure.
Using a wall-mounted maintenance bypass parallel tie cabinet, data center managers can easily parallel up to four 9355 UPSs for either redundancy or capacity. UPSs can be quickly added to the pre-installed parallel tie cabinet and brought online in minutes, and individual UPSs can be isolated and swapped out for maintenance significantly
reducing installation and maintenance expenses.
Most other paralleling systems on the market use a top-down configuration in which the master fails when any subsidiary module fails. With Eaton’s unique approach, each UPS is independent, yet synchronized with the others to prevent any single point of failure and help eliminate costly downtime.
Additional paralleling benefits include:
- Scalability, from 10 to 120 kVA using one parallel tie cabinet
- N+3, N+2 or N+1 redundancy, from 10 to 90 kVA in a compact footprint—often in a smaller footprint than a single large UPS
- Redundant battery systems, with each parallel UPS containing its own internal batteries
Double Conversion Topology
The Eaton 9355 20kVA UPS utilizes the Double Conversion Online UPS topology. This provides the ultimate in clean and stable electrical power for critical applications. Incoming AC power is fed to the UPS’ rectifier converting it from AC to DC power. The converted DC power routes to a battery charging circuit and to the inverter for conversion back to AC power. The resulting “double converted” electrical power is pure sine wave output providing near perfect electrical power for connected equipment.
To ensure 7/24 up time the double conversion UPS topology utilizes a static “bypass switch” within its circuity design. If the Eaton 9355 detects a system failure, audible alarms will sound as the bypass switch is engages. This routes power around the failed UPS and ensures critical load power to target equipment. This very important feature allows for 100% up time for critical equipment during repair.
In the event of total power failure, the UPS will power off the rectifier when the loss of power is detected. The UPS’ internal backup batteries will continue to supply DC power to the inverter. There is no transfer time as the transition to battery power is instantaneous. This feature provides true uninterruptible power to mission critical equipment.
Customer Success Stories